Are the chemicals in drug stores too harsh for your skin? Well, try using some homemade masks for normal skin. Women with normal skin should consider themselves quiet lucky as their epidermis has a fine texture and are able to maintain a harmony between oily and dry moisture. Some of the common fruits, vegetables or other foods you may use for creating your face masks are: carrots, peaches, rosewater, rose petals, peaches, limes, oranges, strawberries, cucumbers, papaya, almonds, banana and many others.
Masks for Normal Skin:
Apple Face Mask
- 1 Apple
- 2 Tsp Honey
- Blend these ingredients together to create a smooth paste. Apply the mask to your face and leave it on for 20 minutes. Follow with rinsing and moisturizing.
Olive Oil and Egg Face Mask
- 2-3 teaspoons of bran
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 egg yolk
- Mix these items together and apply it to your face. Rinse after 15-20 minutes.
- ½ cup ripe strawberries
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- Mix the cornstarch and strawberries and apply the paste to your face. Avoid the eye area as strawberries can be quiet acidic. Leave it on for about 30 minutes and rinse with cool water. This will help you freshen up and vitalize your face.
- 1 peach
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon oatmeal
- Cook the peach until it is soft and then crush it with a spoon. Then add in honey and oatmeal until it the paste is thick and consistence. Apply the mask for 10 minutes and rinse off with cool water.
In a bowl, mix together clay, cornflower, oats, one beaten egg white and floral water (rosewater is great for the skin). Then add a drop of geranium oil and a drop of neroli oil. Mix the paste together and apply it to the face. Keep the mask on until it dries off and then carefully rinse it.
Papaya and Honey Mask
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- Half a cup of ripe, mashed papaya
- Blend the ingredients together and apply it to the face. Rinse it off after twenty minutes.
Carrot & Parsley Mask
- ¼ cup of fresh carrot juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley
- ¼ cup of white clay
- Mix the ingredients together and apply the creamy mask on your clean skin. Allow the mask to sit for 20 minutes. First rinse off with warm water and then with cool water. The mask can be stored up to 1 week in the refrigerator.
- 1 small cucumber
- 1 cup of oatmeal
- Mix the listed ingredients and apply the mask to your face. Leave it on for 30 minutes, followed by rinsing.
- Half a cup of besan (gram flour)
- 2 teaspoons of turmeric powder
- 2 teaspoons of sandal wood powder
- 2 teaspoons of almond oil
- Mix the ingredients together and add some oil to make a paste. Apply the paste and leave it on for 5-10 minutes.
Buttery Strawberry Mask
- 1 tablespoon softened, unsalted butter
- 1 large mashed strawberry
- Mi the ingredients together (in a blender if you wish) and apply it to the face. Allow the mask to sit in for 10 minutes and wash your face with lukewarm water.
- ¼ mashed banana
- Apply the creamy banana mask onto your face and leave it for 15-20 minutes. Rinse with cold water to close the pores.
Multani (Gypsum) Mitti
Add water to the multani mitti to make a paste. Apply it to your face or body and rinse off when it’s dry.
Marie Antoinette Mask
- 1 egg
- 1 lemon (juice)
- 4 tablespoons of non-fat dry milk powder
- 1 tablespoon of witch hazel
- Mix all the ingredients together with a blender. Apply the mask to your face, chest, and neck and allow it to sit for 15-20 minutes. Rinse off with lukewarm water.
Mustard-Rose Petal Mask
- ½ cup of mustard
- 2 liters of water
- Some rose petals
- Grind ½ cup of mustard in two liters of water. Using some rose petals, make a paste out of the mixture. Apply it to the face and rinse it off after 30 minutes.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt mix
- Mix the olive oil and kosher salt mix. Gently rub the mixture onto the skin and avoid using it around the eye area. Rinse off after gentle massaging. This is also a great mask for elbows and feet.
Cut a grape in half and rub the pulp over your face and neck. Rinse off with cool water.
- 1 mashed cucumber
- Strain water
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- Properly mix these ingredients and apply it to the face. Leave it on for 10 minutes and rinse off with cold water. You can refrigerate the mask.
Enjoy the ‘recipes’ and feel free to share any of yours by commenting below!!!